Who we are
MgM Dance Studio, under the direction of Mary Grace Mock, is dedicated to the principle that dance is for everyone. The curriculum is constructed with each student in mind. A variety of classes are offered for the student who likes dance as a recreational, exercise activity as well as the more serious minded student who desires a more rigorous curriculum. All are invited to experience the excitement and fun of dance - the young child as well as the young at heart (adults). Solo and trio classes are offered for those who desire a more individualized instruction.
Our highly educated and qualified instructors provide fun while developing dance skills. These skills lead to self-esteem, self confidence, creativity, poise and performance.Classes include Tap, Jazz. Ballet, Modern, Hip Hop, Musical Theater as well as Creative Movement and combination classes for the younger student. The Studio accepts students from the age of 3 through adult. Students who like to perform and compete may try out for the Performing Groups. Click on "Competition" for information. They have had the opportunity to perform at Disney World, on a Disney Cruise, Carnival Cruise, Royal Caribbean Cruise, local affairs, and nursing homes.
MgM Dance Studio is a friendly family-oriented environment with NO registration fees, NO over-priced tuition, No over-priced recital fee, No over-priced costume fee and No forced package classes.
Are all studios a like?
Not necessarily! Here's what we offer.
1. Small class sizes. This is to ensure your child receives personalized attention. Small classes promote a strong learning environment and control over behavior. In younger classes you may also see a student aide.
2. Age appropriate music, movements and costuming
3. A comprehensive program for ages 3 and up
4. Classes for the recreational dancer and pre-professional dancer
5. Instructors who are qualified, passionate about dance and have the necessary skills to help all out students advance and foucus on technique and vocabulary .
6. Fees that are kept to a minimum
7. The opportunity to perform in an annual family oriented year end recital. The number of recitals is depended on the number of students. This is to ensure the recitals are not too lengthy. Any student may elect not to perform if he/she so wishes. Recitals are not mandatory. A ballet production is put on each year by all ballet students.
8. Friendly management that is available during class times for your convenience. There is also a website, email and the bulletin board as well as notices to inform parents of activities and news.
9. An observation week each month to view your child's achievement.
10. Optional fundraiser to defray the costs of costumes etc.
11. Properly equipped studio - Marley Floors etc.
12. Many of our students have received scholarships ( One received a full four year scholarship).
13. Performing students do not need to purchas tickets to see the performance.
14. . Last but not least - A friendly and hard-working environment that children succeed in and love to call home!