ABOVE THE REST
Welcome - MgM Dance Studio is a family and community oriented dance studio since 1995. We provide quality dance education to Southern York County and Northern Maryland in many disciplines including ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, belly-dance, tumbling and hip-hop. We strive to maintain a fun and safe environment for dancers of all ages and abilities to flourish, feel at home and express the art of dance while achieving their own unique abilities and talents.
2015-2016 Dance Year
What are the Benefits of a Dance Activity?
May 18,2015 Testimonial
"It's more than dance. It's about teamwork, friendships,building self- esteem,committment memories. I love watching these girls grow into beautiful self-confident dancers. Dazzling is a very talented group of young ladies." Lauren B
Dance is not just for the aspiring professional performer. There is a place for the recreational dancer and these students can benefit just as greatly from class. Dance helps children mature physically, emotionally, socially and cognitively.
Accoring to a 21 year study of senior citizens in a report in the New England Journal of Medicine it was reported that an education in the performing arts has shown to improve these characteristics .
Reasons to participate in dance "Taken from the report"
1. Enhances abillity to perform in front of an audience
2. Learn to accept constructive criticism
3. Improves posture and balance
4. Helps increase self-esteem and confidence through mastering new skills
5. Improves flexibilty, coordination and strength which keeps muscles and joints health
6. Improves creativity,self-expression and musicality
7. Promotes stamina, good memory, and teaches grace,poise and slf discipline
8. Builds solid relationships,teamwork, communication, trust,cooperation
9. Helpd reduce stress levels
10. Keeps both body and brain healthy
11. Tight knit communities often lead to children becoming closer to "dance friends" than "school Friends"
12. Has shown to reduce Alzheimer and dementia in old age
Click picture below for more